Thank you for choosing SafePal!
This section provides a complete guideline on how to use the SafePal S1 Pro hardware wallet.
Structure & Buttons
1. Camera 2. Screen 3. Left 4. Up 5. Right 6. Power 7. OK 8. Down 9. Charger Port
Note: In the following instructions, "SafePal S1 Pro" refers to the "SafePal S1 Pro Hardware Wallet," and "App" refers to the "SafePal App".
1. Download and Setup the SafePal App
To use a S1 Pro Hardware Wallet, you need to pair it with the SafePal App. So please download the SafePal App via this link or by scanning the provided QR code.
After you install the App, please follow this guide to finish the quick setup of the App.
2. Create / Recover a wallet on the device
Create New Wallet
The following pictures show the step-by-step process of creating a new wallet on the S1 Pro hardware device:
Recover My Wallet
The following pictures show the step-by-step process of recovering an existing wallet on the S1 Pro hardware device:
3. Pair the SafePal S1 Pro device with the SafePal App
After setting up the SafePal App, you can then choose to add a Software Wallet or a Hardware Wallet. In this case, choose 'Hardware Wallet'.
Read the instructions on the SafePal App, and click 'Next'.
By entering the security password, you will see a QRcode on the SafePal App. Open the S1 Pro hardware wallet, click 'Scan' on the device, then use the S1 Pro device to scan the QRcode shown on the SafePal App, enter your PIN code then click the 'OK’ button on the S1 Pro device to confirm the pairing process.
Click the 'Next' icon on the App and scan the dynamic codes shown on the S1 pro device using your SafePal App, the App can successfully build a connection with the S1 Pro device.
4. Start secure and easy transactions using SafePal!
Congratulations, you have completed all the basic settings!
You will see several main menus on the S1 Pro device, and their corresponding functions are as follows:
When you click this scan menu, you can use your S1 Pro device to scan the QR codes that you would like to.
2. Asset Management:
When you click this Asset Management menu, you can choose to show your crypto address to receive cryptocurrency, or look through the transaction history for each crypto stored in your S1 Pro device,
3. Signing Record:
When you click this Signing Record menu, you can check and look through every crypto Transfer, Authorization or Trading history in your S1 Pro device.
When you access the Settings menu, you can customize various settings for your S1 Pro device:
①. Passphrase: Add a passphrase to secure your S1 Pro wallet.
②. Seed Verification: Verify the accuracy of your mnemonic phrase backup.
③. Sleep Time: Set the duration of inactivity before your S1 Pro device goes into sleep mode.
④. Auto-OFF: Specify the timeout period after which the screen of your S1 Pro device automatically turns off.
⑤. Change PIN: Update the PIN code for your S1 Pro device.
⑥. Coin Management: Manage the cryptocurrencies stored in your S1 Pro device. You can add or delete coins as needed.
⑦. Languages: Choose your preferred language for the S1 Pro device.
⑧. Random PIN Keypad: Enable or disable the randomization of the PIN keypad.
⑨. Upgrade: Initiate an upgrade for your S1 Pro device.
⑩. Reset Wallet: Reset your S1 Pro wallet to its initial state.
⑪. Download App: Scan the provided QR code to download the SafePal App.
⑫. About: Access detailed information about your S1 Pro device, including the wallet name, wallet type, firmware version, serial number (SN), and the S1 Pro device activation time etc.
5. After completing the setup, in order to ensure that your device works normally, please pay attention to the precautions for using the S1 Pro:
- The SafePal S1 Pro is made of a tempered glass panel and aluminum alloy body, with a 500mAh battery.
- The device should function within a temperature range of 0℃ to 55℃ (32℉ to 131℉) and be stored within a temperature range of -20℃ to 60℃ (-4℉ to 140℉).
- Please charge using a 'DC 5V' mobile charger. DO NOT use a laptop charger as it will damage the device.
- Do not use harsh chemical solvents for cleaning. Instead, clean the device with a damp paper towel or soft cloth.
- Keep the device away from fire and do not throw it in the trash to protect the environment.
- Do not attempt to open, modify, or repair the device yourself. If the device malfunctions for an unknown reason, please contact us through the channel link here.
6. If you want to know how to use S1 Pro to receive and transfer money, please refer to this tutorial for details.
7. If you are wondering why the S1 Pro does not display the wallet balance, you can refer to this explanation for details.
Tips to Keep Your Assets Secure
Always keep your mnemonic phrase in a secure location.
It is the only proof of ownership for your crypto assets. If lost, the SafePal team cannot help recover your assets.
Set a strong PIN code
PIN would be used as your signature when you need to process a transaction. Please avoid using weak PIN codes such as "123456" or "666666", choose a complex and strong PIN code instead.
Reset your wallet when you stop using this device
In cases when you don’t need to use this device anymore, please remember to wipe all data by resetting your wallet (Settings—>Reset Wallet). Once reset, you can only recover the wallet via the correct mnemonic phrase. Don’t forget to back up the mnemonic phrase before reset. For more safety details please visit: Security
For more info, welcome to visit our SafePal official website: www.safepal.com.