Thank you for choosing SafePal!
This section provides a guideline on how to use the SafePal X1 hardware wallet.
Structure & Buttons
1. Screen 2. Up 3. Left 4. Power 5. USB-C Charger Port 6. Down 7. OK 8. Right
1. Download and Setup the SafePal App
To use a X1 Hardware Wallet, you need to pair it with the SafePal App. So please download the SafePal App via this link or by scanning the provided QR code.
After you install the App, please follow this guide to finish the quick setup of the App.
2. Connect the SafePal X1 device with the SafePal App
Turn on your X1 device by long pressing the X1 power button. After startup, select your language, press '5' and '0' to navigate to the language you prefer, and press 'OK' to select.
After setting up the SafePal App, you can choose to add a Software Wallet or a Hardware Wallet. In this case, choose 'Hardware Wallet'. Then click ‘SafePal X1’ in turn, read the instructions and click ‘Start Connection’.
Note that you need to keep your X1 device turned on at this time.
Then follow the guide to complete the Bluetooth connection on your X1 device.
After the connection is successful, click ‘Activate’ on the SafePal App to complete the activation of the device.
After successfully activating the device, you will see the SN code and activation time of your device on the SafePal App.
Your X1 device will also display a successful activation notification.
At this point, you can start to add/create a wallet on your X1 device.
3. Create / Recover a wallet on X1 device
On the X1 device, you will see an option to choose between 'Create New Wallet' or 'Recovery My Wallet'.
- 'Create New Wallet' means that you are going to create a brand new and empty wallet.
- 'Recover My Wallet' means that you can import an existing wallet into the X1 device so that you can store and manage your existing crypto assets on the new X1 hardware wallet.
Create New Wallet
The following pictures show the step-by-step process of creating a new wallet on the X1 device:
Recover My Wallet
The following pictures show the step-by-step process of recovering an existing wallet on the X1device:
4. Add the X1 hardware wallet to the SafePal App
After creating your hardware wallet, you can click on the ‘I have created wallet button’ on the SafePal App.
After the Bluetooth connection is successful, click the OK button on the X1 device to confirm the pairing and complete adding the wallet.
5. Start secure and easy transactions using SafePal!
Congratulations, you have completed all the basic settings of your X1 device and you are good to go on the journey with the SafePal X1 device!
6. In order to ensure that your device works normally, please pay attention to the precautions for using the X1 device:
- The X1 is made of a tempered glass panel and laser engraved buttons, ultrasonic shell bonding process, with a 200mAh battery.
- The device should function within a temperature range of 0℃ to 45℃ (32℉ to 113℉) and be stored within a temperature range of -20℃ to 60℃ (-4℉ to 140℉).
- Please charge using a 'DC 5V' mobile charger. DO NOT use a laptop charger as it will damage the device.
- X1 Bluetooth is BLE 5.0, USB Type-C, and the screen is a black and white display with a resolution of 128*64.
- Do not use harsh chemical solvents for cleaning. Instead, clean the device with a damp paper towel or soft cloth.
- Keep the device away from fire and do not throw it in the trash to protect the environment.
- Do not attempt to open, modify, or repair the device yourself. If the device malfunctions for an unknown reason, please contact us through the channel link here.
For more info, welcome to visit our SafePal official website: www.safepal.com.