- Step 1 Download the SafePal App
- Step 2 Set up the Security Password
- Step 3 Set up the fingerprint and pattern (Optional)
- Step 4 Recover the wallet
- Step 5 Complete the wallet recovery and add your favorite coins/tokens
You can also choose to watch the video tutorial below:
Step 1 Download the SafePal App
Download the latest SafePal App from www.safepal.com/download or scan the download QR code below:
Step 2 Set up the Security Password
The first step to set up the SafePal App is to set a Security Password. The Security Password of the SafePal App is a set of at least 8 alphanum (letters and numbers) that is used to change the security settings such as fingerprint, pattern, and fast payments.
Since SafePal does not store your private key, seed phrase, or passwords, once the Security Password is set, remember it tightly. Because if you forget it, the only way to restore it would be to re-install the SafePal App and recover the wallet.
Step 3 Set up the fingerprint and pattern (Optional)
Fingerprint and Pattern are two useful features to save your effort in signing a transfer or authorize a DApp login. When you have set a fingerprint, for example, you can enable it for signing in to the App settings, so that you don't need to enter Security Password at every transfer.
Fingerprint and Pattern are optional. If you don't want to set one, just feel free to skip it.
Step 4 Recover the wallet
- SafePal App supports different kinds of mnemonic phrases: 12 seed words per set, 15 seed words per set, 18 seed words per set, 21 seed words per set, and 24 seed words per set.
- Changing the order of the seed words will lead to a totally different wallet. So make sure to enter your seed words in the correct order.
- If you see the input frame turns red (see the picture below), it means that you have entered a wrong seed word that doesn't belong to the BIP39/44 word list. You can cross-check the 2048 seed words from this link.
- If you have set a Passphrase for the wallet before, don't forget to click 'Passphrase' and enter it. Or it will lead to a totally different wallet.
Step 5 Complete the wallet recovery and add your favorite coins/tokens
Congratulations! Now you have recovered the wallet into the SafePal App!
Double-check if you have imported the right wallet by checking the wallet address and the security suffix. If you are seeing a different wallet than your previous wallet, it could be caused by these reasons.